Sky Sports F1 reporter Ted Kravitz has revealed that he and Red Bull driver Max Verstappen sat down to iron out their differences following Red Bull’s boycott of the UK broadcaster.
Kravitz said Mercedes were robbed of the 2021 Drivers’ Championship after the US Grand Prix, and the Sky Sports F1 team arrived in Mexico City to find Red Bull were refusing to speak to them.
“Just following up from the what happened with us and me and Max Verstappen in Mexico,” Kravitz said during his ‘Ted’s Notebook’ show after Brazilian GP Qualifying.
“Listen, we sat down. We had a good chat, but as Max said yesterday, we’ve drawn a line on it, so onwards and upwards.”
On Thursday, Verstappen also addressed the situation between himself and Sky Sports F1 during the pre-race press conference.
“Yeah, we drew a line under it,” Verstappen said succinctly. “So we just keep on going. Yeah, I mean, I’m looking forward to it.”
The Head of F1 for Sky Sports, Billy McGinty, visited Red Bull‘s Milton Keynes headquarters on Monday in an attempt to clear the air, though Verstappen‘s teammate Sergio Perez had already given an interview to Sky at a Las Vegas F1 event.
What upset Verstappen in Mexico?
After the 2022 Mexican GP, Verstappen clarified his position for not doing any interviews with Sky Sports F1, indicating he felt disrespected by comments made by Kravitz.
“This year, it’s been a constant, kind of like digging being disrespectful, especially especially one particular person,” Verstappen told the press after the Mexican GP.
“And at one point it’s enough you know, and and don’t accept it. You can’t live in the past, you just have to move on.
“At the moment, social media is a very toxic place. And if you are constantly being like that live on TV, you make it only worse instead of trying to make it better in the world.
“You keep disrespecting me. And at one point you know I’m not tolerating it anymore, so that’s why I decided to just stop answering.”